9.12.2013

Kevin Gosselin's Birch Tree Ent Custom or "I Love You So Much It Hurts"



There are some truly amazing artists out there, all with breathtaking work for us to see. Today, we've come across Kevin Gosselin's jaw dropping Birch Tree Ent.  He has masterfully sculpted this 4-inch Mini Munny to invoke myriad of emotions.  

The Ent on its own is spectacular, but he doesn't stop there, adding an even smaller 2.5" resin beaver pal, beaming after dining on his buddy's leg! Super adorable!

Titled "I Love You So Much It Hurts" this work is limited to 10 pieces and will be available Saturday, September 14th, 2013 at 12 Noon Pacific at Gosselin's web store. Priced at for $250 each this will go quickly so be ready. 

Bonus for collectors of rarer items, the original will be available for $300 and will be releases simultaneously.

-from Kevin Gosselin's site
This is my next piece in my series of tree ents.  I've once again revisited the birch tree theme and added a friend.  The birch tree character is different than the last with it's own unique details including a damaged leg from that of his friend the beaver.  The beaver is a new character developed to exist in my "Ready for Bedtime" world. 

When I began this piece I simply had the concept of a beaver chewing on a birch tree and the title "I love you so much it hurts." What I did not realize until I was finished was the significance of the symbolism I was putting in place. As some of you might know I was born in New Hampshire. What you might not know is that New Hampshire's state tree is the White Birch. So let's just say the ent represents me :-) You might also know that the beaver is Canada's national animal. What you might not know is that my wife is Canadian. While not intentional, I discovered that this piece could easily represent my wife and I

No comments:

Post a Comment