9.26.2013

Ukiyo-e Heroes! by Jed Henry


Fox Moon

Ukiyo-e heroes!  I remember when this was nothing more than a dream, a few circulated internet pics.  Then it became a kickstarter project and blossomed to it's current incarnation!  These wood block prints, created by Ked Henry and inspired by classic video games of generations past are ingenious in their designs and beautiful in their execution. I'm quite partial to japanese wood block print art, especially the works of Tsukioka Yoshitoshi and Katsushika Hokusai. These are absolutely amazing and would be a great gift for any video game fan! 

I must admit, There's a few I want adorning my own home, but with only so many walls in my house, I must show restraint! Regardless, CBT's favorites are Trouble's Afoot, and Fox Moon. What are yours?

Blue Storm

Pocketing a Wager

Swift Kill

Trouble Afoot

No comments:

Post a Comment