10.11.2013

Kidrobot Black Murder by Kidrobot x Craww



I've always had a thing for Crows.  Growing up, a family of crows always lived near my house, and after buying my own place, a family took up residence nearby; and so the familiar caw-caw of crows has always been with me.  Last summer, I was fortunate to save an injured baby crow and ever since then, I've taken notice of the ebony bird and it's close relationship to man!  And so, imagine my surprise to see this morose beauty on the Kidrobot blog!

Standing 12" tall, this vinyl statue is limited to 200 pieces, hand numbered, and signed by Craww himself, this figure is accompanied by a small metal cage with a poor lost life. This release has made me take notice of Craww and his crow-listic stylings.  This one will be released on October 24th for $399.99 each.

Before this release, I'd never heard of Craww, but you can be sure I've noticed him and his work now!

"Pretty things in dark places, nasty surprises masquerading in beauty, hidden stories and happy accidents, brought to life with a mix of elegance, balance and disciplined chaos. "

What more need be said?

-from the Kidrobot blog

Kidrobot Black Murder

By Kidrobot X Craww

Melancholic beauty and death cloaked in feathers. A headdress with shiny black eyes and sharp beak is mounted over petite downcast features. Massive hands hold the delicate chest. Bright, shining red escapes through the pointed digits – a sign of life in a sea of black.
In the aftermath of an unknown event stands a 12-inch vinyl statuette. A lost life in a small metal cage lies at her feet with no explanation given.
Limited edition of 200 pieces, each is hand numbered with the artist’s engraved signature on the bottom.
Murder makes its deathly appearance on October 24 and retails for $399.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment