10.10.2013

Silver Surfer by Kilian Eng x Mondo


In my terrible twist of fate, while excitedly scanning for Merde Mission, I missed out on this beauty.  Having never received the newsletter from Mondo, I was completely unawares of it's existence until it was too late! 

Based on one of my favorite Marvel characters, Silver Surfer, this print is the first of a series of Marvel characters to be released by Mondo.  Speeding through space, witness to countless breathtaking phenomenons, with unlimited power, but forever alone, isolated from his home world, this print captures that power and isolation in a wonderful manner.  I've only just now realized my partiality to alien comic book characters that are forever isolated. Rendered in vibrant colors, Kilian's work is infused with a style that reminds me of animated films from the 70's and early 80's such as Wizards and Heavy Metal.  Amazing!

Created by the talented Kilian Eng, this beauty comes in as a hand numbered edition of 275 and sized at 36" x 24", this screen print is a beauty for sure!  I might need to trade my Creepshow print to get this one. Anyone interested??

As of this posting, the print has already sold out so good luck to those hunting on the secondary market, including me!

No comments:

Post a Comment